Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Craftsplosion

This is really kind of embarrassing to put in my first real post, but I guess there is something freeing about confession.



See, I am very lucky to have a whole room to myself just to create things in. And mine normally looks like this. At least you can tell I am putting it to use.

It's not the mess that bothers me so much. Although I would like some shelves or some semblance of organization. It's just those awful blank white walls. So uninspiring! There are about a dozen projects in my head that would fill them, but I'm sure I won't get to that until after the holidays. For now I just have that lonely panel curtain I whipped up a couple months ago.

Oh to have a craft room like this kitschy little haven.

Anyway, I did manage to make something today during a very nice 2.5 hour HG nap. (yay!) I made a couple of nursing covers for friends that are due in December. I have seen  several tutorials for these, but I like this one from Little Birdie Secrets



I have one I made before HG was born with leftover robot fabric from his room. It was a diaper bag essential.



This is where he plays when I attempt to work up there while he is still awake. Yeah, that lasts for about ten minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Umm, I think it's required that craft rooms are messy. That's the best way for people to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my craft room looks like a bomb hit it. On the best of days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.