Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's an Easter Miracle!

Not really, I'm just excited that I managed to whip together a little Easter basket for Hendrix at the last minute this morning. We are getting ready to leave soon to be at church working all day, and then all morning tomorrow. So Easter busyness, combined with all my crafty attention focused on the birthday right now, makes for a somewhat neglected holiday.

But I don't mind that. We plan on coming home after all the services are over tomorrow, laying around doing nothing, and then eating Dewey's pizza for Easter dinner, followed by loads of Jelly-Bellys.


I really cheated on this one. The fabric basket I made a long time ago from this tutorial. It was serving organizational purposes in my kitchen, but I stole it. It took about 5 minutes to slap on some belting for a handle and some felt trim. Yes, I realize now it might have been worth the time to switch to a matching thread instead of using the dark gray that was already in the machine. Lazy, anyone?

Did anyone else manage to whip up anything special for Easter? Anybody making any special recipes? I'm hoping tonight I'll have some time to make a couple of things to put inside the basket, particularly one of these bowling pin bunnies. (Not the whole set! Yeesh.)

Have a happy Easter everyone!

3 comments:

  1. What a perfect beautiful basket, so clever. I tend to over think and miss easy possibilities. I was thinking this morning about coloring Easter eggs at our kitchen table and how fun that was,hunting eggs in Granny's yard. Hendrix will love putting things in it and carrying it around,can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I ever swap the thread out if I can help it. Especially with the bobbin (and especially if it has to be re-wound).

    Love how the basket turned out and with the different pattern on the inside/outside!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the curtains, the felt playhouse, the easter basket. seriously sooooo cute! And I bet you get "mom of the year" award!! very very very cute basket. wish you had made one for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments-I LOVE to hear from you, so speak up! And I usually reply in email to your questions, so make sure your profile has your email.